Blazblue RPG
Hello Guests,

Thank you for visiting the former adress of the Blazblue RPG forum.

We have changed accounts: our new website is http://blazbluerpg.home-forum.com/ .

We would love to meet you there!

Sincerely,

The members of the Blazblue RPG forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Blazblue RPG
Hello Guests,

Thank you for visiting the former adress of the Blazblue RPG forum.

We have changed accounts: our new website is http://blazbluerpg.home-forum.com/ .

We would love to meet you there!

Sincerely,

The members of the Blazblue RPG forum
Blazblue RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relius Clover

4 posters

Go down

Relius Clover Empty Relius Clover

Post by Relius Clover Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:55 am

Name: Relius Bombastus Clover

Race: Human

Appearance:
Standing 186 centimeters and weighing a healthy 75kg, Relius is a relatively well built caucasian man with medium length dirty blonde hair constantly slicked back. He possesses an angular nose and pronounced jaw line which is accented by his constant stubble. He has the muscle tone of a man who remains physically active and engages in exercise but is by no means the epitome of physical perfection.

He prefers to clothe himself in rather elegant garments consisting of various shades of purple (the color of kings). His most recognized outfit includes knee high buccaneer boots (dark blue w. gold laces), white trousers, a long sleeve purple dress shirt (accented with a darker purple lining), an opera cloak with a high collar and gold fastener (purple ofcourse), and a white ascot. Finally, he is constantly seen wearing white gloves with dark blue runes on the back and a gold colored mask to hide his eyes. Of small note is the cross shaped symbol on the back of his cloak which is also found on his son's cape and is the Clover family crest.

Loyalty: The Novus Ourum Liberium

Personality:
Unfailingly stoic and refined, Relius is a true professional. He puts his scientific and alchemic pursuits before trivial matters like emotions and family. All that matters is the next stage of development and pushing the limits of his own imagination. While he could easily be considered proud, he does not fall prey to his own hubris and knows when to back down from a disadvantageous situation. Perhaps his most impressive ability is his mask (not the literal one) which prevents his true intentions and thought to be read by anyone as even Terumi Yuuki confesses as being unable to read him. It should be noted that he does hold his daughter Ada in a somewhat high degree, grateful for her assistance in uncovering the secrets of the human transmutation to rebuild the Nox Nyctores Nirvana and later the Flux Reductum, which he claims is the embodiment of perfection.

Weaponry:
Relius prefers to refrain from direct physical conflict when possible but when pressed, he utilizes his own living puppet, the Flux Reductum: Ignis. Ignis was at one time Relius’ own wife until, like Nirvana, she was transformed into a living weapon for his own goals. She possesses great physical strength despite her appearance and was capable of stopping a full frontal charge from an opponent as powerful as Arakune with no visible strain and can outmatch the earlier model Nirvana in brute force as well. Her arms are capable of stretching to roughly 2.5 times their normal length for longer range techniques. In addition to this her fingers are capable of transforming into razor sharp blades for cutting and piercing techniques (she is capable of cutting through lower grade steel with little difficulty). It should be noted that while she may be a powerhouse in brute strength, Ignis is somewhat lacking in terms of agility. While she is extremely durable, capable of withstanding full force blows from edged weaponry and entities with augmented strength, repeated strikes can temporarily stun Ignis' systems rendering her immobile.

Though Ignis is him primary line of defense, Relius is capable of defending himself via hand to hand combat (an area he has a relatively strong grasp of but still pales in comparison to devoted practicioners like Bang Shishigami or Ragna the Bloodedge.) If one were to put a name to his style, Akido would be the closest match. The art of smoothly using an opponent's strength against them through redirection and careful evasion. To make up for his shortcomings, Relius relies on his mechanical right arm which augments his strength to above human levels (though less than that of Ignis’) through the use of dozens of micro-servos encased in a nigh indestructible shell.

Abilities:
Relius is widely regarded as the world’s foremost expert in the laws of alchemy as well as a leader in traditional scientific progress (surpassed only by Kokonoe herself). He is able to utilize his alchemic abilities in combat through a transmutation circle engraved on the back of his mechanical arm to manipulate the structure of certain elements but he is still bound by the laws of equivalent exchange. Common examples are shaping stone and soil into dense walls for defense or spikey protrusions for offense. While he is capable of transmutating almost any substance, he must first know what he is changing beforehand thus requiring a bit of trial and error with a foreign object. He created not only the Nox Nyctores Nirvana (with some assistance from Kokonoe), but was the mind behind the Murakumo project as well. With a cunning strategic mind and sharp wit, Relius’ name carries a great bit of fear behind it. His puppeteer skills are highly advanced and he enjoys complete telepathic control over Ignis’ movements in combat. While he rarely fights, he was confident that he held a noticeable advantage over a wounded Jubei and is held by some to be a combatant comparable to Terumi.

History:
Originally born in the Second Hierarchal City (Austria) Relius did not enter the world stage until he became a part of a secretive group known as the Sin Architects. He, along with his associates (one of which was Kokonoe) he conducted the first real research programs into the boundary to learn it’s secrets. However, in doing so they unintentionally unleashed the Black Beast on the world through an accidental glimpse into the time loop surrounding the BlazBlue universe and allowed it’s path of destruction to begin in the first place. During the chaos of the Beast's release, Relius' right arm was severed and he disappeared in the chaos. Some believed him to be dead but in truth he was very much alive, although quite frustrated by this unexpected turn of events. Some time later, he gave up on the use of Murakumo's to further his own goals because they were preprogrammed with their own objectives and purposes and thus could not be manipulated easily enough. To that end, he set his sights on the Nox Nyctores Nirvana and with the assistance of Kokonoe, devised a way to restore the puppet. However, his goals were revealed to the grimalkin and in her rage she attempted to kill him using the doll. She truly believed the puppet master to be dead but his scientific prowess and powerful constitution saved him once again and he recovered, now with the knowledge of how to complete Nirvana's restoration.

Eventually breaking off from the other Architects, Relius continued his own private nature into the nature of ars magus and even started a family of his own. However, they too would fall prey to his sociopathic behavior as he went so far as to use his own daughter as a test subject by placing her soul into Nirvana's shell, restoring the doll to it's full glory. Having taken the first step with Nirvana, Relius built a second model even greater than the first and placed within it the sould of his dear with Ignis. The Flux Reductum had been born, a Nox Nyctores forged with a single soul, his crown glory. With his son mentally unstable after witnessing Nirvana's restoration and nothing else of use in the Second Hierarchal City, Relius migrated to the 13th and reconnected with an old research partner, Terumi Yuuki now using the alias Hazama. Secretly working as an alley of the NOL, it was Relius who designed the Murakumo project utilizing Saya’s DNA and continued to work behind the scenes to ensure their grand scheme came to fruition. He was responsible for capturing Arakune to ensure the compliance of Litch Fei Ling and despite the creature’s escape, Relius ensured the news did not reach her and created an artificial, non sentient look-a-like to maintain the charade of Arakune’s continued imprisonment.

RP sample:
He stood alone in his private study before the window behind his desk. Outside a thunderstorm raged and sheets of rain tapped constantly against the glass. Hands clasped behind his back he watched the storm grow with each passing moment and waited. It should be any moment now. he thought to himself when his door flew open to reveal the rain drenched, panting form of his son Carl. The boy was wild eyed and twitching with the early signs of insanity. Right on time Not bothering to face his offspring, Relius spoke slowly and used small words to ensure his slow witted child could keep up. "Based on your lack of manners, I take it you discovered my little side project."
"She was my sister! Your daughter! How could you do that to her!!?" Carl screamed, tears in his eyes. Scoffing, Relius turned and snapped his fingers. Immediately two figures emerged from the shadows, lthe living puppets Ignis and Nirvana, formerly his wife and daughter respectively. "What I've done Carl, is push the boundaries of science to the next level. A Nox Nyctores repaired with just a single soul, do you understand what that means? No...I don't suppose you do. Not yet at least." Once more he turned, seemingly bored with his son's presence.

His rage growing out of his control, the younger Clover screamed and ran towards his father, desperate to hurt him in any way possible. Midway through the room a long crimson arm grabbed Carl by the neck and lifted him off his feet. Ignis' cold fingers gripped him tightly as he looked on in confusion. "Mom?" Sadly, the boy never recieved an answer as Relius nodded once and the puppet immediately hurled the boy through the window and out into the fury of the storm. To Relius' suprise, Nirvana followed suit and dove through the window to her brother's aid and soon disappeared from the Puppet Master's line of sight completely. Relius kept his stoic expression in place, not even his eyebrow rose in suprise. "She saved him...interesting. Perhaps I'm not yet prepared to maintain control of two puppets at once. Or maybe there's still some trace sentimentality left within the shell. No matter, he'll find his way to me eventually. Until then, the Murakumo project demands far more of my attention than Carl ever could."

Last edited by Bang Shishigami on Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Phase 0 revealed more background info)
Relius Clover
Relius Clover

Back to top Go down

Relius Clover Empty Re: Relius Clover

Post by Arakune Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:52 pm

Approvals: 1

Disapprovals: Nil

Still, I think Carl needs moar crying in your RP sample.
Arakune
Arakune

Back to top Go down

Post by Webmaster Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:53 pm

Some canon parts are missing here, but only the ones from Phase 0.. since not many people actually read the novels, i suppose i can let that slide.
However, i´ll hold my vote until Tron had her turn... i´m feeling like i overlooked something else.

Webmaster
Admin

https://blazbluerpg.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Tron Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:56 pm

My observations result in an approval.

Approvals: 2

Disapprovals: Zero like 0.

Tron
Tron

Back to top Go down

Post by Webmaster Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:57 pm

Three strikes, you´re out... approved, i mean.

Locked, dropped, moved

Webmaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Webmaster Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:58 pm

NOTE to all, this sheet has been edited. Not much major stuff, but things to correct the canon representation of Relius Clover.

Webmaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down